The Nexus 5, the supposed name for the next-generation Nexus smartphone by Google, might be a device totally different than the rest of the high-end Androids. We have now heard several sets of specs rumored for the Nexus 5, each different from each other and in the latest leak yesterday we told of a source who claims the Nexus 5 is going to be very much all about the camera but may then lack a 1080p display and again will have no expandable storage. But What It Has Is Amazing......
The majority of high-end Android smartphones released in 2013, including the Sony Xperia Z, Samsung Galaxy S4 and the delayed HTC One, use a high-resolution 1,080x1,920 Full HD display. Google's current Nexus 4 handset, however, uses a 768x1,280 resolution panel - one of the many reasons the handset is priced at almost half that of the competition.
According to an anonymous source speaking to Phone Arena, The Nexus 5 will continue this pattern and stick with a 720p in-plane switching (IPS) display - despite claims to the contrary. At 4.5in, the lower-resolution screen will allegedly take up 88 per cent of the front of the device - more than any other phone on the market, and very close to the 'edge-to-edge' promises that have been made by companies in the past.
Behind the screen, the site's source claims, should be a Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 quad-core processor running at 1.5GHz, non-upgradeable storage, and a high-capacity 2,800mAh battery. The rear of the handset is rumoured to include a nine-megapixel charge-coupled device (CCD) camera sensor - an unlikely switch from the more common CMOS sensor type found in most smartphones today.
Design and build wise this Nexus 5 uses both polycarbonate and anodized aluminum for a premium look and feel. It has an ArcTouch sensor at the bottom of the device that glows when notifications arrive and the Home Button is this same area and there’s also a small sensor on the right of the phone that is used both for navigation and for volume.
It runs on Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie and includes features such as Google Voice 2, Google Keep. It Features are 2800 mAh battery, hexaband connectivity, microSD, microSIM and HDMI port & Stereo Speaker with BassPlus Technology.
For the Nexus 5 release, it is reported to have a launch on May 15 then make its official appearance in the Google Play Store on June or July. Google is not a company that needs to rush things. It has the resources that allow it to build an idea gradually, like we’re seeing with Google Glass, which has been taking its sweet time in maturing from a concept, to developer hardware, and finally to a commercial product later this year. Google, for its part, is keeping its cards close to its chest, refusing to discuss plans for a Nexus 4 replacement.
Like us On Facebook For More Information On It, Dont Forget To Subscribe us For Latest Tech News
You May Also Like
- Celkon A119 Signature HD Android Phone Launched With 12MP Camera & Jelly Bean For Rs 13,499
- Nokia Launches Lumia 520 With Window Phone 8 In India At Affordable Price of Rs 10,500
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Life Companion; Everything You Should Know About Galaxy S4
- Samsung Launches the Galaxy Grand smartphone in India for 21,500; Is It Micromax A116 Rival ?
- UMI X2 Introduces with 5inch Full HD 1080p, Quadcore with 2GB Ram & 13MP Camera All For Rs 14,000
- Revealed: HTC One Launched with 4.7 inch Full HD Display & 4 Ultrapixel Camera Theory Unveil
- Micromax Launches Their First Quad Core Canvas HD (A116), 5 inch 720p display For Rs 13,999
- Full Spects: Intel Comes With Powerful 2Ghz Intel Clover Trail, Android Phone boasts 5.5-inch 1080p screen and 13MP camera
- Report: Top New Launches Direct From CES (Consumers Electronics Show) At Las Vegas