Fortunately, this will be the last update of ICS. Unfortunately, there won’t be any Jellybean upgrade for the device. But not to worry as in coming days we will also be coming out with the detailed tutorial on how to root the device and install the custom ROM firmwares of Jellybean 4.2.2 in your Galaxy Y Duos S6102.
Introducing Android 4.0 ( ICS )
It will Make Your Camera Experience With your Galaxy Y Duos Better, When taking pictures, continuous focus, zero shutter lag exposure, and decreased shot-to-shot speed help capture clear, precise images. Stabilized image zoom lets you compose photos and video in the way you want, including while video is recording. For new flexibility and convenience while shooting video, you can now take snapshots at full video resolution just by tapping the screen as video continues to record.
After taking a picture or video, you can quickly share it by email, text message, bluetooth, social networks, and more, just by tapping the thumbnail in the camera controls. It Will Also Resolve Overheating Problem Which is Experienced By Its users and make your Task killer Experienced More better. Before Completing The Update Please Read Below Some tips. For More Information Visit Android ICS
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Galaxy Y Duos , model number S6102. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
Note: Applying this update won’t root / void the warranty of the device in any manner. Also, if your device is currently in custom ROM firmware, after applying with this update, the warranty can be reclaimed.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy Y Duos S6102 should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps manually and not with the KIES or ROM Manager.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum battery charge left in your device should be a minimum of 50% so as to make sure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. Also, you will need to enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Just in case if you are on any of the custom ROM firmwares, then you will have to clear the cache from the recovery mode and then proceed to the further step. You can enter the device in the recovery mode and select the options of “Wipe Data / Factory Reset” and “Clear Cache”.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy Y Duos S6102 can be entered by first turning Off the phone and then hold the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
Guide to Update Galaxy Y Duos S6102 with Official ICS Android 4.0.4 DDMC1 Firmware:
- Download the DDMC1 Android 4.0.4 Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the zip files preferably to the desktop.
- Open Odin in your computer and Turn Off your phone so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. The Galaxy Y Duos S6102 can be entered into the Download mode by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” and select the tar file which you got after the extraction of firmware zip package and click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. As soon as the firmware is updated successfully, the device will be rebooted automatically indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Please note that the whole process of firmware update may take around 4 -5 minutes. Just in case if it takes more than 8 – 10 minutes, you need to re insert the battery and retry the whole process.
[ Via - Androidadvices.com ]
Like us on Facebook And Tell us Your Experience With Android ICS or Any Trouble you Faced.
You May Also Like
- Rumors: Nexus 5 Will Flaunts 5 inch HD Screen with Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie, 2 GB reRam, 9 MP (CCD) Camera
- Exclusive Review: UP Goverment HP Laptop Revealed as Pavilion G4 1303AU Cost About Rs 32,000
- Nokia Launches Lumia 520 With Window Phone 8 In India At Affordable Price of Rs 10,500
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Life Companion; Everything You Should Know About Galaxy S4
- UMI X2 Introduces with 5inch Full HD 1080p, Quadcore with 2GB Ram & 13MP Camera All For Rs 14,000
- Revealed: HTC One Launched with 4.7 inch Full HD Display & 4 Ultrapixel Camera Theory Unveil