Nikon on Thursday announced that it had launched its latest DSLR camera - the Nikon D810 - in India. While praising its high definition image/video quality, the company claims that Nikon D810 offers Full HD video recording (1080p at 60 fps) and has a 36.3 megapixel sensor with a wide ISO range that extends from 62 to 12800.
Commenting on the new model’s ability to enable photography enthusiasts and professionals to create pictures and videos rich in definition and tone, Nikon India Managing Director Hiroshi Takashina says that the announcement of the D810 launch will set new benchmarks in the world of photography and video shooting as the magnificent 36.3 megapixel count of new Nikon D810 combines exceptional imaging technology and innovative features to deliver an unparalleled shooting experience.
The D810 renders every subtle its Multi-Cam 3500-FX AF sensor module that utilizes new AF algorithms for fascinating precision, even in challenging light. The focus system also has 15 cross-type AF sensors for enhanced accuracy, and works with the Advanced Scene Recognition System to provide accurate face detection even through the optical viewfinder. The camera also utilizes 11 cross-type sensors that are fully functional when using compatible NIKKOR lenses and teleconverters (aperture value up to f/8), which is especially useful for wildlife photography. In addition to normal, wide area, face tracking and subject tracking modes, the D810 also features the new Group AF mode for enhanced accuracy, even while tracking subjects.
In addition, Nikon says that the "split-screen display zoom" function enlarges two points on the same horizontal line simultaneously to provide accurate image levelling. The optical viewfinder also has a new prism coating that enables enhanced light transmission ratio, colouration and a full frame coverage during shots. The display has an organic EL display element, which Nikon claims will provide a clear display.
Additionally, the D810 employs a new highlight-weighted metering option, which detects the brightness in a scene and determines optimum exposure, preventing blown-out highlights, which is ideal for stage and performance capture. The Nikon D810 will be available across India starting last week of July, but the company has not detailed the price yet.
Primary features of Nikon D810 include:
- The camera has a 36.3 MP sensor that creates high definition images rich in tone, and the ability to record Full HD videos at 1080/60p.
- ISO sensitivity range of The ISO sensitivity ranges from ISO 64 to 12800 and can be decreased to Lo 1 (ISO 32 equivalent), or increased up to Hi 2 (ISO 51200 equivalent) to suit any environment.
- It offers a dual-format recording-FX-format (full frame) recording and cropped format recording that enhances production efficiency and lowers cost.
- A built in stereo microphone that eliminates noise.
- EXPEED-4 image processing engine that enhances performance and image quality.
- An improved 51-point autofocus (AF) system that provides accuracy and a new “group are AF” mode that helps shoot moving images without difficulty by automatically avoiding focusing on the background.
- Advanced Picture Control options like Clarity and better white balance control than its predecessor.
Like Us On Facebook, Celebrating 300+ Likes & 125000+ Visitor
& Do Subscribe-US For Our Newsletter