WhatsApp play very crucial role in our day to day life while it is the most essential part of our life and being the first thing which we check in morning when we wake up from sleep. There are a lot features that users aren’t aware of. We have combined some of hidden WhatsApp tips and tricks especially for you.
1. Popup Notifications when Screen Off: There are times when your smartphone is locked and when you receive a WhatsApp message, you have to unlock it all the times. However, WhatsApp has a provision to alert and show you the messages even when the screen is off. You can read and reply to messages even without unlocking your phone. To activate, head over to Settings > Notifications > Popup Notifications > Only When Screen Off.
2. Pin Shortcut for Contacts: After installing WhatsApp on your smartphone, you can always add the app shortcut on the homescreen. But if you have a few contacts with whom you chat on a constant basis, you can pin contact shortcuts on the homescreen too. In the app, just tap and hold on the contact, then tap on the first option that says ‘add chat shortcut.’ With the contact now on your homescreen, you can quickly chat with that contact without having to open the app.
3. Auto Download Media: We share a lot of media on WhatsApp, right from photos to audio clips and videos. At times, WhatsApp automatically downloads these media files, consuming your mobile data. But, you can now control the type of data the app downloads by default. You can either set to download all on mobile data, download only when on Wi-Fi or only download the media when you tap on it. For this, tap on three dots on top right corner, head over to Settings > Chats and Calls > Media auto-download.
4. Chat Notifications on Web: There are times when your phone is away from your desk and you don’t want to miss out on your WhatsApp notifications. At such times, you can use a free Chrome extension called WAToolKit which enables you to receive notifications on your desktop or laptop. However, to be able to respond to chats, you’ll need WhatsApp Web feature.
5. Hide your Identity: Similar to other social media accounts, WhatsApp lets users to view your status and profile photo. However, if you want to hide your identity, you can go to Settings > Account > Privacy. Here you can either let no one, everyone or only friends see your last seen, profile photo and stat
6. Customize Notifications: Just like you customize your phone ringtone for all calls and particular contacts, you can do the same on WhatsApp too. Head over to Settings > Notifications and select the one based on your needs. You can set different notification tones for your individual messages and group notifications.
7. Data Usage: We receive a lot of messages, photos and videos on WhatsApp, but it’s often difficult to keep a tab on the amount of mobile data it consumes. Luckily, the app does let you see the total amount of data consumption both, be it media size, number of texts, calls and much more. To check this, head over to Settings > Account > Network Usage.
Via - Bgr.in