MIUI 9 OS has entered into its second stage is being rolled out to select Xiaomi Devices Globally.
Xiaomi MIUI 9 OS has entered into its second stage is being rolled out to select Xiaomi Devices Globally. The company recently concluded the final MIUI 9 beta tests and now invites testers and early adopters for the Global Beta ROM.
Previously, Mi Devices like Redmi Note 4 with Qualcomm chipset, Redmi Note 4X and Xiaomi Mi 6 were part of the first batch of devices to receive the Beta version. MIUI 9 is the latest version based on Android Nougat 7.0. The latest MIUI 9 ROM brings a host of interesting feature upgrades and bug fixes.
The company pointed out that the ‘recommendation rate’ for MIUI 9 update stands at a staggering 94.62 percent in a poll conducted. The MIUI 9 Global beta ROM v7.8.24 can be downloaded from the official thread on MIUI blog.
How to Upgrade to MIUI 9?
1. Please don’t forget to back up your data before upgrading to MIUI 9.
2. If you are using MIUI V5 / MIUI 6 / MIUI 7 / MIUI 8 stable ROM, please upgrade to MIUI 9 via fastboot method.
3. If you’re using MIUI 8 Global Beta ROM, please go to ‘Updater’ and check for updates.
4. If your device is locked, please unlock it before fastboot flashing. How to unlock your phone bootloader? Click here to check the details.
5. How to flash MIUI ROM? Click here to see detailed MIUI flashing tutorials or check this thread to see the step-by-step guide!
MIUI 9 second batch of supported devices:
- Mi MIX
- Mi Note 2
- Mi 5
- Mi 5s
- Mi 5s Plus
- Mi Max 2
- Mi Max
- Redmi 4 / 4X.
Shashank is an experienced technology blogger. He studies management but his heart lies in technology & Gadgets. He is basically Creative in Nature and his one of favorite thing is doing Shopping & Capturing Nature closely whenever he gets the free time